• Wis Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Certainly; really; indeed.
- (v. t.) To think; to suppose; to imagine; -- used chiefly in the first person sing. present tense, I wis. See the Note under Ywis.
• Wisely Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a wise manner; prudently; judiciously; discreetly; with wisdom.
• Wishtonwish Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The prairie dog.
• Wiseacre Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) A learned or wise man.
- (v.) One who makes undue pretensions to wisdom; a would-be-wise person; hence, in contempt, a simpleton; a dunce.