• Witch Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An ugly old woman; a hag.
- (v. t.) To bewitch; to fascinate; to enchant.
- (n.) The stormy petrel.
- (n.) A certain curve of the third order, described by Maria Agnesi under the name versiera.
- (n.) A cone of paper which is placed in a vessel of lard or other fat, and used as a taper.
- (n.) One who exercises more than common power of attraction; a charming or bewitching person; also, one given to mischief; -- said especially of a woman or child.
- (n.) One who practices the black art, or magic; one regarded as possessing supernatural or magical power by compact with an evil spirit, esp. with the Devil; a sorcerer or sorceress; -- now applied chiefly or only to women, but formerly used of men as well.
• Witcheries Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Witchery
• Witching Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Witch
- (a.) That witches or enchants; suited to enchantment or witchcraft; bewitching.