1. Make a thick syrup with 300 gms.
2. sugar in 1½ cups water and keep on a low flame.
3. Sieve the flour, add the baking powder and well heated ghee.
4. Rub the mixture with the hands, gradually
5. adding the butter milk and warm water to form a stiff dough.
6. Break off a small portion, form a small ball with it,
7. flatten it a little and make a deep dent in the centre.
8. Make all balu shahis like this,
9. then fry them on a low flame till golden brown.
10. Dip them in the warm syrup and
11. shake gently so that they are well coated. Serve warm.