1) Wash and pat dry the fish. Mix together garlic
2) chilli powder
3) coriander powder
5) salt and freshly ground cumin seeds. Set aside.
6) Heat oil
7) add the fenugreek seeds and curry patta and fry for a few seconds.
8) Add the spices with some water to avoid burning the spices.
9) Fry for a few minutes. Add the Bombay duck and let it come to a boil.
Do not stir
10) shake the pan gently otherwise the fish will break.
11) Add coconut mixed with warm water and again bring to a boil.
12) Shake the pan and remove from heat.
13) Serve with boiled rice and slices of lemon.