How to make Aloo Chole1. Boil the potatoes in a large pot filled with enough water to cover the potatoes. Cook until tender, then peel and chop the potatoes.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the masala paste in a blender and grind to a fine paste. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and saute until lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes. Add the masala paste and mix to combine. Saute for a few more minutes to cook the paste.
4. Add chickpeas (with liquid), ketchup, and salt. Mix and bring to a simmer.
5. Add water and keep at a simmer until chickpeas are tender, about 5 minutes.
6. Add peeled and chopped potatoes and garam masala. Mix gently and simmer for a few more minutes until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
7. Add cilantro and mix to combine.