1. For the marinade, place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for three minutes and then remove from the heat to cool completely.
2. Once cooled place the ribs and marinade into a sealable plastic bag. Rub the ribs with the marinade and seal the bag. Chill in the fridge overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
4. Place the ribs onto a baking tray and pour over the marinade. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for two hours.
5. Meanwhile for the slaw, mix together all the ingredients in a bowl.
6. For the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients. Add the slaw ingredients and mix until well combined.
7. Serve the slaw in a large bowl and arrange the ribs on a large platter with plenty of napkins and finger bowls.