1) Soak rice and lentis separateyly overnight. Mix them together and grind to a smooth paste. Add garlic, salt, yogurt, yeast, red chilli powder, coriander, fenugreek and green chillies powder. Mix well, cover and keep the batter in a warm place for 2-3 hours.
2) Brush cooking oil in a round cake pan or pizza pan and pour the batter in the pan.
3) Place the pan carefully on top of a pot of boiling water and cook for 30-35 minutes.
4) To check if read, insert tooth pick in the centre. If it comes out clean, remove from heat and garnish. Otherwise, cook it for another 3-4 minutes.
5) To prepare the fry-garnish (tarka), slighlty cooking oil in a frying pan on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
6) when it cools, cut into squre pieces.
7) serve with garlic chutney. For the chutney take 10-12 cloves of garlic and 5-6 whole red chillies. Roast them on a griddle and grind into a fine mixture with 2 tbp of cooking oil. Season with a pinch of salt in the end.