1. In a blender, combine basil, parsley, chives, garlic, lemon zest and juice, oil, 4 tablespoons vinegar, sugar, salt and
pepper puree until smooth, adding more vinegar, if necessary, to make a thick but pourable marinade.
2. Thread chicken strips on skewers, brush with marinade, then place in a plastic resealable bag seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
3. Prepare the grill for direct grilling over medium high heat (450 degrees F).
4. Arrange chicken skewers on grill, close lid, and cook until chicken starts to brown and edges look done, 2 to 4 minutes.
5. Turn skewers, close lid, and cook chicken until done through, 2 or 3 minutes more.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.