1. The chicken: Clean, remove the skin, debone and cut each breast into two.
2. Add the ginger and garlic pastes to the seasoning and rub the chicken pieces with this mixture.
3. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
4. The marination: Break egg in a bowl.
5. Grate cheese and mash.
6. Remove stems and mash.
7. Remove stems, wash, slit, deseed and finely chop green chilies.
8. Clean, wash and finely chop coriander.
9. Mix cheese, green chilies, coriander and the remaining ingredients with the egg, whisk and rub the chicken pieces with this mixture. Keep aside for 3 hours.
10. The oven: Pre-heat to 275oF
11. The skewering: Skewer the chicken pieces an inch apart.
12. Keep a tray underneath to collect the drippings.
13. Roast in a moderately hot tandoor for approximately 5 minutes.
14. In a charcoal grill for about the same time.
15. In a pre-heated oven for 6 minutes.
16. Remove and hang the skewers to let the excess moisture drip off (approx 2-3 minutes), baste with butter and roast again for 3 minutes