1. Wash all the vegetables and cut into 1" pieces
2. Fry all the vegetables with half of the oil until light brown and set aside
3. Heat rest of the oil in a large saucepan, add sliced onions, and fry until light brown.
4. Add salt and spices to onions and fry for a few minutes.
5. Wash cubed lamb and add to onions and fry until light brown. Add 1 cup of hot water and cook over slow fire until meat is tender.
6. When meat is tender, and only a little water remains add all the vegetables.
7. Mix vegetables and meat together and cook over a slow fire, stirring gently to avoid mashing the vegetables, for about 5 minutes.
8. Place in a medium oven for 5-10 minutes, until oil separates.