1.Prick red capsicums with a fork, and roast them directly on a low flame till lightly charred.
2. Plunge into cold water, remove skin and chop roughly.
3. Put onions and tarlic into a non-stick pan and roast on medium heat for a minute.
4. Add refined flour & continue roast for another minute till browned or till emits a pleasant aroma.
5. Add one cup of vegetable stock, the capsicums and a couple of fresh basil leaves.
6. Stir and bring to a boil.
7. Cover and simmer for three to four minutes.
8. Cool and blend to a smooth puree.
9. Transfer into a thick-bottomed pan, add the remaining stock and bring to a boil.
10. Reduce heat, add salt, sugar and crushed peppercorns.
11. Simmer for two to three minutes.
12. Add lemon juice, stir and pour into individual soup bowls.
13. Serve hot, garnished with remaining fresh basil leaves.