1. Separate the spinach and the khatta leaves, wash well and chop finely.
2. Chop the onions, potatoes and aubergines into small pieces and set aside.
3. Soak the gram dal for an hour.
4. Spray the pan with the oil and add cumin seeds, green chillies and ginger and saute for about a minute.
5. Add the chopped onions, potatoes and aubergines.
6. Saute the vegetables until done.
7. Add the chopped spinach, khatta leaves, tomatoes, dal, spices, salt and water.
8. Pressure cook on high flame until the first whistle goes off.
9. Simmer until two or three whistles.
10. Open the cooker after 10 minutes and mix well.
11. Serve with quinoa or brown rice.