1. Combine bread crumbs, Pecorino-Romano Cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium bowl.
2. Mix together well.
3. Cut stems off artichokes, flush with bottom.
4. Cut pointy leaves off the top of the artichokes.
5. Spread leaves of each artichoke out and push stuffing in between them.
6. In a pot just large enough to fit the artichokes, add the sliced garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the artichokes.
7. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the top of the artichokes.
8. Turn heat on to medium and cook until sizzling about 1-2 minutes.
9. Add water to reach half way up the sides of the artichokes.
10. Cover and cook until the artichokes are tender and a leaf is easily pulled out, about 45 minutes.
11. If liquid is evaporating too quickly add a little more water.
12. Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle a little of the liquid from the pot over the artichokes and serve.