Green plants, standing tall trees makes the environment fresh and cozy. The more greener the society is, the more healthier its people would be. Most often we plant trees to provide shade and beautify our landscapes.But plants have unbelievable social, economical, environmental and health benefits. Here are 10 most crucial benefits of plantation.
1. Trees make life nicer. It has been shown that spending time among trees and green spaces reduces the amount of stress that we carry around with us in our daily lives.
2. Hospital patients have been shown to recover from surgery more quickly when their hospital room offered a view of trees.
3. Trees reduce the urban heat island effect through evaporative cooling and reducing the amount of sunlight. This is especially true in areas with large impervious surfaces, such as parking lots of stores and industrial complexes.
4. Trees improve our air quality by filtering harmful dust and pollutants such as ozone, carbon monoxide, and sulfur dioxide from the air we breathe.
5. Trees reduce the amount of storm water runoff, which reduces erosion and pollution in our waterways and may reduce the effects of flooding.
6. Many species of wildlife depend on trees for habitat. Trees provide food, protection, and homes for many birds and mammals.
7. Trees reduce runoff by breaking rainfall thus allowing the water to flow down the trunk and into the earth below the tree. This prevents stormwater from carrying pollutants to the ocean. When mulched, trees act like a sponge that filters this water naturally and uses it to recharge groundwater supplies.
8. Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer. Trees reduce UV-B exposure by about 50 percent, thus providing protection to children on school campuses and playgrounds - where children spend hours outdoors.
9. Well placed trees can reduce your cooling costs in the summer by shading the south and west sides of your home. If deciduous trees are used they will allow the sun to pass through and warm your home in the winter.
10. Evergreen trees on the north side of your home and shrubs around the foundation of your home can act as a windbreak to reduce the cooling effects of winter winds.
Planting and then maintaining trees helps lower energy costs, reduce pollution, surroundings improves with green ambience and also increases the value of your property. As green color is a soothing color, it helps you recover from strain quickly. Trees enhance the beauty and making your surroundings beautiful is your duty as well.
So as you now know the importance of planting, so make sure you plant more trees and make your environment happier, healthier and greener.