• About Definition & Synonyms
- (prep.) Around; all round; on every side of.
- (prep.) In the immediate neighborhood of; in contiguity or proximity to; near, as to place; by or on (ones person).
- (prep.) Over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout.
- (prep.) Near; not far from; -- determining approximately time, size, quantity.
- (prep.) In concern with; engaged in; intent on.
- (prep.) On the point or verge of; going; in act of.
- (prep.) Concerning; with regard to; on account of; touching.
- (adv.) On all sides; around.
- (adv.) In circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside; as, a mile about, and a third of a mile across.
- (adv.) Here and there; around; in one place and another.
- (adv.) Nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, etc.; as, about as cold; about as high; -- also of quantity, number, time.
- (adv.) To a reserved position; half round; in the opposite direction; on the opposite tack; as, to face about; to turn ones self about.
• About-sledge Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The largest hammer used by smiths.