• Absorption Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or process of absorbing or sucking in anything, or of being absorbed and made to disappear; as, the absorption of bodies in a whirlpool, the absorption of a smaller tribe into a larger.
- (n.) An imbibing or reception by molecular or chemical action; as, the absorption of light, heat, electricity, etc.
- (n.) In living organisms, the process by which the materials of growth and nutrition are absorbed and conveyed to the tissues and organs.
- (n.) Entire engrossment or occupation of the mind; as, absorption in some employment.