• Ae Definition & Synonyms
- () Alt. of Ae
- () A diphthong in the Latin language; used also by the Saxon writers. It answers to the Gr. ai. The Anglo-Saxon short ae was generally replaced by a, the long / by e or ee. In derivatives from Latin words with ae, it is mostly superseded by e. For most words found with this initial combination, the reader will therefore search under the letter E.
• Aeneous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Colored like bronze.
• Aeon Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A period of immeasurable duration; also, an emanation of the Deity. See Eon.
- (n.) One of the embodiments of the divine attributes of the Eternal Being.
- (n.) An immeasurable or infinite space of time; eternity; a long space of time; an age.