• Apo Definition & Synonyms
- () A prefix from a Greek preposition. It usually signifies from, away from, off, or asunder, separate; as, in apocope (a cutting off), apostate, apostle (one sent away), apocarpous.
• Apocalypse Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The revelation delivered to St. John, in the isle of Patmos, near the close of the first century, forming the last book of the New Testament.
- (n.) Anything viewed as a revelation; a disclosure.
- (n.) One of a numerous class of writings proceeding from Jewish authors between 250 b. c. and 150 a. d., and designed to propagate the Jewish faith or to cheer the hearts of the Jewish people with the promise of deliverance and glory; or proceeding from Christian authors of the opening centuries and designed to portray the future.