• Appearing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Appear
• Appear Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To come or be in sight; to be in view; to become visible.
- (v. i.) To come before the public; as, a great writer appeared at that time.
- (v. i.) To become visible to the apprehension of the mind; to be known as a subject of observation or comprehension, or as a thing proved; to be obvious or manifest.
- (v. i.) To seem; to have a certain semblance; to look.
- (v. i.) To stand in presence of some authority, tribunal, or superior person, to answer a charge, plead a cause, or the like; to present ones self as a party or advocate before a court, or as a person to be tried.
- (n.) Appearance.
• Appearingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Apparently.