• Approving Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Approve
- (a.) Expressing approbation; commending; as, an approving smile.
• Approve Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To show to be real or true; to prove.
- (v. t.) To regard as good; to commend; to be pleased with; to think well of; as, we approve the measured of the administration.
- (v. t.) To make profit of; to convert to ones own profit; -- said esp. of waste or common land appropriated by the lord of the manor.
- (v. t.) To sanction officially; to ratify; to confirm; as, to approve the decision of a court-martial.
- (v. t.) To make or show to be worthy of approbation or acceptance.
- (v. t.) To make proof of; to demonstrate; to prove or show practically.