• Assert Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To maintain; to defend.
- (v. t.) To maintain or defend, as a cause or a claim, by words or measures; to vindicate a claim or title to; as, to assert our rights and liberties.
- (v. t.) To affirm; to declare with assurance, or plainly and strongly; to state positively; to aver; to asseverate.
• Assertion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of asserting, or that which is asserted; positive declaration or averment; affirmation; statement asserted; position advanced.
- (n.) Maintenance; vindication; as, the assertion of ones rights or prerogatives.
• Asserted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Assert