• Attend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To wait; to stay; to delay.
- (v. i.) To apply the mind, or pay attention, with a view to perceive, understand, or comply; to pay regard; to heed; to listen; -- usually followed by to.
- (v. t.) To wait for; to await; to remain, abide, or be in store for.
- (v. t.) To care for; to look after; to take charge of; to watch over.
- (v. i.) To accompany or be present or near at hand, in pursuance of duty; to be ready for service; to wait or be in waiting; -- often followed by on or upon.
- (v. t.) To be present with; to accompany; to be united or consequent to; as, a measure attended with ill effects.
- (v. t.) To go or stay with, as a companion, nurse, or servant; to visit professionally, as a physician; to accompany or follow in order to do service; to escort; to wait on; to serve.
- (v. t.) To direct the attention to; to fix the mind upon; to give heed to; to regard.
- (v. t.) To be present at; as, to attend church, school, a concert, a business meeting.
- (v. i.) (with to) To take charge of; to look after; as, to attend to a matter of business.
• Attending Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Attend
• Attended Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Attend