• Augmenting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Augment
• Augment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Enlargement by addition; increase.
- (v. t.) To enlarge or increase in size, amount, or degree; to swell; to make bigger; as, to augment an army by reeforcements; rain augments a stream; impatience augments an evil.
- (v. i.) To increase; to grow larger, stronger, or more intense; as, a stream augments by rain.
- (n.) A vowel prefixed, or a lengthening of the initial vowel, to mark past time, as in Greek and Sanskrit verbs.
- (v. t.) To add an augment to.