• Auricle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An angular or ear-shaped lobe.
- (n.) An instrument applied to the ears to give aid in hearing; a kind of ear trumpet.
- (n.) The external ear, or that part of the ear which is prominent from the head.
- (n.) The chamber, or one of the two chambers, of the heart, by which the blood is received and transmitted to the ventricle or ventricles; -- so called from its resemblance to the auricle or external ear of some quadrupeds. See Heart.
• Auricled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having ear-shaped appendages or lobes; auriculate; as, auricled leaves.