• Bale Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bundle or package of goods in a cloth cover, and corded for storage or transportation; also, a bundle of straw / hay, etc., put up compactly for transportation.
- (v. t.) To make up in a bale.
- (n.) Misery; calamity; misfortune; sorrow.
- (v. t.) See Bail, v. t., to lade.
- (n.) Evil; an evil, pernicious influence; something causing great injury.
• Baleen Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Plates or blades of "whalebone," from two to twelve feet long, and sometimes a foot wide, which in certain whales (Balaenoidea) are attached side by side along the upper jaw, and form a fringelike sieve by which the food is retained in the mouth.