• Basted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Baste
• Bast Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The inner fibrous bark of various plants; esp. of the lime tree; hence, matting, cordage, etc., made therefrom.
- (n.) A thick mat or hassock. See 2d Bass, 2.
• Baste Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To sew loosely, or with long stitches; -- usually, that the work may be held in position until sewed more firmly.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle flour and salt and drip butter or fat on, as on meat in roasting.
- (v. t.) To beat with a stick; to cudgel.
- (v. t.) To mark with tar, as sheep.