• Benediction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The form of instituting an abbot, answering to the consecration of a bishop.
- (n.) A blessing; an expression of blessing, prayer, or kind wishes in favor of any person or thing; a solemn or affectionate invocation of happiness.
- (n.) A solemn rite by which bells, banners, candles, etc., are blessed with holy water, and formally dedicated to God.
- (n.) The short prayer which closes public worship; as, to give the benediction.
- (n.) The act of blessing.
• Benedictional Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A book of benedictions.
• Benedictionary Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A collected series of benedictions.