• Beset Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To occupy; to employ; to use up.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Beset
- (v. t.) To set or stud (anything) with ornaments or prominent objects.
- (v. t.) To set upon on all sides; to perplex; to harass; -- said of dangers, obstacles, etc.
- (v. t.) To hem in; to waylay; to surround; to besiege; to blockade.
• Besetment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of besetting, or the state of being beset; also, that which besets one, as a sin.
• Besetting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Beset
- (a.) Habitually attacking, harassing, or pressing upon or about; as, a besetting sin.