• Bible Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A book with an authoritative exposition of some topic, respected by many who are experts in the field.
- (n.) A book.
- (n.) The Book by way of eminence, -- that is, the book which is made up of the writings accepted by Christians as of divine origin and authority, whether such writings be in the original language, or translated; the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments; -- sometimes in a restricted sense, the Old Testament; as, King Jamess Bible; Douay Bible; Luthers Bible. Also, the book which is made up of writings similarly accepted by the Jews; as, a rabbinical Bible.
- (n.) A book containing the sacred writings belonging to any religion; as, the Koran is often called the Mohammedan Bible.
• Bibler Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A great drinker; a tippler.