• Billeting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Billet
• Billet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A strap which enters a buckle.
- (n.) A bearing in the form of an oblong rectangle.
- (n.) A short bar of metal, as of gold or iron.
- (n.) A small paper; a note; a short letter.
- (v. t.) To direct, by a ticket or note, where to lodge. Hence: To quarter, or place in lodgings, as soldiers in private houses.
- (n.) A small stick of wood, as for firewood.
- (n.) A loop which receives the end of a buckled strap.
- (n.) A ticket from a public officer directing soldiers at what house to lodge; as, a billet of residence.
- (n.) An ornament in Norman work, resembling a billet of wood either square or round.
- (n.) Quarters or place to which one is assigned, as by a billet or ticket; berth; position. Also used fig.