• Bloated Definition & Synonyms
- (p. a.) Distended beyond the natural or usual size, as by the presence of water, serum, etc.; turgid; swollen; as, a bloated face. Also, puffed up with pride; pompous.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bloat
• Bloat Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make turgid, as with water or air; to cause a swelling of the surface of, from effusion of serum in the cellular tissue, producing a morbid enlargement, often accompanied with softness.
- (n.) A term of contempt for a worthless, dissipated fellow.
- (v. i.) To grow turgid as by effusion of liquid in the cellular tissue; to puff out; to swell.
- (v. t.) To dry (herrings) in smoke. See Blote.
- (a.) Bloated.
- (v. t.) To inflate; to puff up; to make vain.
• Bloatedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being bloated.