• Bloodying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bloody
• Bloody Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To stain with blood.
- (a.) Infamous; contemptible; -- variously used for mere emphasis or as a low epithet.
- (a.) Attended with, or involving, bloodshed; sanguinary; esp., marked by great slaughter or cruelty; as, a bloody battle.
- (a.) Smeared or stained with blood; as, bloody hands; a bloody handkerchief.
- (a.) Containing or resembling blood; of the nature of blood; as, bloody excretions; bloody sweat.
- (a.) Given, or tending, to the shedding of blood; having a cruel, savage disposition; murderous; cruel.