• Bouncing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bounce
- (a.) Excessive; big.
- (a.) Stout; plump and healthy; lusty; buxom.
• Bounce Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Bluster; brag; untruthful boasting; audacious exaggeration; an impudent lie; a bouncer.
- (v. t.) To drive against anything suddenly and violently; to bump; to thump.
- (v. t.) To bully; to scold.
- (n.) A dogfish of Europe (Scyllium catulus).
- (v. t.) To cause to bound or rebound; sometimes, to toss.
- (n.) An explosion, or the noise of one.
- (v. i.) To leap or spring suddenly or unceremoniously; to bound; as, she bounced into the room.
- (v. t.) To eject violently, as from a room; to discharge unceremoniously, as from employment.
- (v. i.) To boast; to talk big; to bluster.
- (v. i.) To strike or thump, so as to rebound, or to make a sudden noise; a knock loudly.
- (n.) A heavy, sudden, and often noisy, blow or thump.
- (n.) A sudden leap or bound; a rebound.
- (adv.) With a sudden leap; suddenly.
• Bouncingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With a bounce.