• Branded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Brand
• Brand Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Fig.: To fix a mark of infamy, or a stigma, upon.
- (v. t.) A burning piece of wood; or a stick or piece of wood partly burnt, whether burning or after the fire is extinct.
- (v. t.) An instrument to brand with; a branding iron.
- (v. t.) Any minute fungus which produces a burnt appearance in plants. The brands are of many species and several genera of the order Pucciniaei.
- (v. t.) To mark or impress indelibly, as with a hot iron.
- (v. t.) To burn a distinctive mark into or upon with a hot iron, to indicate quality, ownership, etc., or to mark as infamous (as a convict).
- (v. t.) To put an actual distinctive mark upon in any other way, as with a stencil, to show quality of contents, name of manufacture, etc.
- (v. t.) A mark put upon criminals with a hot iron. Hence: Any mark of infamy or vice; a stigma.
- (v. t.) A sword, so called from its glittering or flashing brightness.
- (v. t.) A mark made by burning with a hot iron, as upon a cask, to designate the quality, manufacturer, etc., of the contents, or upon an animal, to designate ownership; -- also, a mark for a similar purpose made in any other way, as with a stencil. Hence, figurately: Quality; kind; grade; as, a good brand of flour.
, Trade name