• Brilliant Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr.) Sparkling with luster; glittering; very bright; as, a brilliant star.
- (a.) The smallest size of type used in England printing.
- (a.) A kind of cotton goods, figured on the weaving.
- (p. pr.) Distinguished by qualities which excite admiration; splendid; shining; as, brilliant talents.
- (a.) A diamond or other gem of the finest cut, formed into faces and facets, so as to reflect and refract the light, by which it is rendered more brilliant. It has at the middle, or top, a principal face, called the table, which is surrounded by a number of sloping facets forming a bizet; below, it has a small face or collet, parallel to the table, connected with the girdle by a pavilion of elongated facets. It is thus distinguished from the rose diamond, which is entirely covered with facets on the surface, and is flat below.
• Brilliantness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Brilliancy; splendor; glitter.