• Buckler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A block of wood or plate of iron made to fit a hawse hole, or the circular opening in a half-port, to prevent water from entering when the vessel pitches.
- (n.) One of the large, bony, external plates found on many ganoid fishes.
- (n.) The anterior segment of the shell of trilobites.
- (v. t.) To shield; to defend.
- (n.) A kind of shield, of various shapes and sizes, worn on one of the arms (usually the left) for protecting the front of the body.
• Buckler-headed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a head like a buckler.