• Build Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To raise or place on a foundation; to form, establish, or produce by using appropriate means.
- (v. t.) To increase and strengthen; to increase the power and stability of; to settle, or establish, and preserve; -- frequently with up; as, to build up ones constitution.
- (v. t.) To erect or construct, as an edifice or fabric of any kind; to form by uniting materials into a regular structure; to fabricate; to make; to raise.
- (v. i.) To exercise the art, or practice the business, of building.
- (v. i.) To rest or depend, as on a foundation; to ground ones self or ones hopes or opinions upon something deemed reliable; to rely; as, to build on the opinions or advice of others.
- (n.) Form or mode of construction; general figure; make; as, the build of a ship.
• Builder Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who builds; one whose occupation is to build, as a carpenter, a shipwright, or a mason.
• Building Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The art of constructing edifices, or the practice of civil architecture.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Build
- (n.) That which is built; a fabric or edifice constructed, as a house, a church, etc.
- (n.) The act of constructing, erecting, or establishing.