• Bushel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A quantity that fills a bushel measure; as, a heap containing ten bushels of apples.
- (n.) A vessel of the capacity of a bushel, used in measuring; a bushel measure.
- (n.) A large indefinite quantity.
- (n.) The iron lining in the nave of a wheel. [Eng.] In the United States it is called a box. See 4th Bush.
- (n.) A dry measure, containing four pecks, eight gallons, or thirty-two quarts.
- (v. t. & i.) To mend or repair, as mens garments; to repair garments.
• Bushelage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A duty payable on commodities by the bushel.
• Bushelman Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tailors assistant for repairing garments; -- called also busheler.