• Cause Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) Sake; interest; advantage.
- (v.) A suit or action in court; any legal process by which a party endeavors to obtain his claim, or what he regards as his right; case; ground of action.
- (v.) That which is the occasion of an action or state; ground; reason; motive; as, cause for rejoicing.
- (v.) That which produces or effects a result; that from which anything proceeds, and without which it would not exist.
- (n.) To effect as an agent; to produce; to be the occasion of; to bring about; to bring into existence; to make; -- usually followed by an infinitive, sometimes by that with a finite verb.
- (v.) The side of a question, which is espoused, advocated, and upheld by a person or party; a principle which is advocated; that which a person or party seeks to attain.
- (v. i.) To assign or show cause; to give a reason; to make excuse.
- (v.) Any subject of discussion or debate; matter; question; affair in general.
- (conj.) Abbreviation of Because.
• Caused Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Cause