• Caving Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cave
• Cave Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To dwell in a cave.
- (v. i.) To fall in or down; as, the sand bank caved. Hence (Slang), to retreat from a position; to give way; to yield in a disputed matter.
- (n.) Any hollow place, or part; a cavity.
- (n.) To make hollow; to scoop out.
- (n.) A hollow place in the earth, either natural or artificial; a subterraneous cavity; a cavern; a den.
- (n.) A coalition or group of seceders from a political party, as from the Liberal party in England in 1866. See Adullam, Cave of, in the Dictionary of Noted Names in Fiction.