• Clacking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Clack
• Clack Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A sharp, abrupt noise, or succession of noises, made by striking an object.
- (n.) To utter words rapidly and continually, or with abruptness; to let the tongue run.
- (n.) To make a sudden, sharp noise, or a succesion of such noises, as by striking an object, or by collision of parts; to rattle; to click.
- (v. t.) To utter rapidly and inconsiderately.
- (v. t.) Anything that causes a clacking noise, as the clapper of a mill, or a clack valve.
- (v. t.) To cause to make a sudden, sharp noise, or succession of noises; to click.
- (v. t.) Continual or importunate talk; prattle; prating.