• Clod Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To pelt with clods.
- (n.) A lump or mass, especially of earth, turf, or clay.
- (n.) A part of the shoulder of a beef creature, or of the neck piece near the shoulder. See Illust. of Beef.
- (v.i) To collect into clods, or into a thick mass; to coagulate; to clot; as, clodded gore. See Clot.
- (v. t.) To throw violently; to hurl.
- (n.) That which is earthy and of little relative value, as the body of man in comparison with the soul.
- (n.) A dull, gross, stupid fellow; a dolt
- (n.) The ground; the earth; a spot of earth or turf.
• Clodpate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A blockhead; a dolt.
• Clodpoll Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A stupid fellow; a dolt.
• Cloddish Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Resembling clods; gross; low; stupid; boorish.