• Communing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Commune
• Commune Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Absolute municipal self-government.
- (n.) The commonalty; the common people.
- (v. i.) To receive the communion; to partake of the eucharist or Lords supper.
- (v. i.) To converse together with sympathy and confidence; to interchange sentiments or feelings; to take counsel.
- (n.) A small territorial district in France under the government of a mayor and municipal council; also, the inhabitants, or the government, of such a district. See Arrondissement.
- (n.) Communion; sympathetic intercourse or conversation between friends.