• Consecrating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Consecrate
• Consecrate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make, or declare to be, sacred; to appropriate to sacred uses; to set apart, dedicate, or devote, to the service or worship of God; as, to consecrate a church; to give (ones self) unreservedly, as to the service of God.
- (v. t.) To canonize; to exalt to the rank of a saint; to enroll among the gods, as a Roman emperor.
- (v. t.) To render venerable or revered; to hallow; to dignify; as, rules or principles consecrated by time.
- (a.) Consecrated; devoted; dedicated; sacred.
- (v. t.) To set apart to a sacred office; as, to consecrate a bishop.