• Consigning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Consign
• Consign Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To yield consent; to agree; to acquiesce.
- (v. t.) To stamp or impress; to affect.
- (v. t.) To send or address (by bill of lading or otherwise) to an agent or correspondent in another place, to be cared for or sold, or for the use of such correspondent; as, to consign a cargo or a ship; to consign goods.
- (v. t.) To assign; to devote; to set apart.
- (v. i.) To submit; to surrender or yield ones self.
- (v. t.) To give in charge; to commit; to intrust.
- (v. t.) To give, transfer, or deliver, in a formal manner, as if by signing over into the possession of another, or into a different state, with the sense of fixedness in that state, or permanence of possession; as, to consign the body to the grave.
• Consigne Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who is orders to keep within certain limits.
- (n.) A countersign; a watchword.