• Consonant Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having agreement; congruous; consistent; according; -- usually followed by with or to.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to consonants; made up of, or containing many, consonants.
- (n.) An articulate sound which in utterance is usually combined and sounded with an open sound called a vowel; a member of the spoken alphabet other than a vowel; also, a letter or character representing such a sound.
- (a.) Having like sounds.
- (a.) harmonizing together; accordant; as, consonant tones, consonant chords.
• Consonantal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of the nature of a consonant; pertaining to consonants.