• Contraband Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Illegal or prohibited traffic.
- (n.) A negro slave, during the Civil War, escaped to, or was brought within, the Union lines. Such slave was considered contraband of war.
- (v. t.) To declare prohibited; to forbid.
- (v. t.) To import illegally, as prohibited goods; to smuggle.
- (n.) Goods or merchandise the importation or exportation of which is forbidden.
- (a.) Prohibited or excluded by law or treaty; forbidden; as, contraband goods, or trade.
• Contrabandist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who traffics illegally; a smuggler.
• Contrabandism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Traffic in contraband goods; smuggling.