• Count Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To reckon; to rely; to depend; -- with on or upon.
- (n.) A nobleman on the continent of Europe, equal in rank to an English earl.
- (v. i.) To take account or note; -- with
- (v. t.) A formal statement of the plaintiffs case in court; in a more technical and correct sense, a particular allegation or charge in a declaration or indictment, separately setting forth the cause of action or prosecution.
- (v. t.) To tell or name one by one, or by groups, for the purpose of ascertaining the whole number of units in a collection; to number; to enumerate; to compute; to reckon.
- (v. i.) To number or be counted; to possess value or carry weight; hence, to increase or add to the strength or influence of some party or interest; as, every vote counts; accidents count for nothing.
- (v. t.) An object of interest or account; value; estimation.
- (v. i.) To plead orally; to argue a matter in court; to recite a count.
- (v. t.) To place to an account; to ascribe or impute; to consider or esteem as belonging.
- (v. t.) The act of numbering; reckoning; also, the number ascertained by counting.
- (v. t.) To esteem; to account; to reckon; to think, judge, or consider.
• Counterflory Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Adorned with flowers (usually fleurs-de-lis) so divided that the tops appear on one side and the bottoms on the others; -- said of any ordinary.
• Countertripping Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Same as Countertrippant.