• Counterchange Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To give and receive; to cause to change places; to exchange.
- (v. t.) To checker; to diversify, as in heraldic counterchanging. See Counterchaged, a., 2.
- (n.) Exchange; reciprocation.
• Counterchanged Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Exchanged.
- (a.) Having the tinctures exchanged mutually; thus, if the field is divided palewise, or and azure, and cross is borne counterchanged, that part of the cross which comes on the azure side will be or, and that on the or side will be azure.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Counterchange