• Cow Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The female of certain large mammals, as whales, seals, etc.
- (n.) The mature female of bovine animals.
- (v. t.) To depress with fear; to daunt the spirits or courage of; to overawe.
- (n.) A wedge, or brake, to check the motion of a machine or car; a chock.
- (n.) A chimney cap; a cowl
• Cow parsnip Definition & Synonyms
- () A coarse umbelliferous weed of the genus Heracleum (H. sphondylium in England, and H. lanatum in America).
• Cowardly Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Proceeding from fear of danger or other consequences; befitting a coward; dastardly; base; as, cowardly malignity.
- (adv.) In the manner of a coward.
- (a.) Wanting courage; basely or weakly timid or fearful; pusillanimous; spiritless.